Whether you're hosting a party or need a weekday pick-me-up, coffee poured over ice cream is an Italian lesson in simple deliciousness that allows for plenty of creativity.
Approximate time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Panera Light Roast Coffee, Brewed
- 16 oz water
- 2 cups vanilla fudge swirl ice cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Brew coffee in your coffee maker using 1/4 cup ground coffee and 16 oz of water
- Scoop 1/2 cup of ice cream into each of 4 small coffee mugs. (Chilled glass mugs work best.) Pour hot coffee over ice cream.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
Or try this:
- Get creative with different flavor combinations of ice cream, coffee and toppings to make your own Affogato creation.
- Another of our favorite combinations is Panera Caramel Coffee with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce drizzled on the top with a pinch of coarse sea salt.